Friday 30 January 2009

What is a line? II

Ok, so it's took me quite a while to get into this brief as I've been quite lost, but I'm getting really involved with it now and things are coming together a little bit. The definition I decided to investigate was, "A mark indicating position, connection or boundaries". I've looked into quite a few different interpretations but the one that intrigues me the most is maps and contour lines.

An old map of my home town, Doncaster.


I love looking at how everything used to be. What was there and whats there now. It's unbelievable how much it's changed, how much more roads and buildings have been built.

I much prefer old maps though. The old, worn out paper and the delicacy of the lines. They are far much more interesting to look at.


No comments: