Thursday 29 January 2009

Crit.

I had my crit this morning, and my concept has completely changed, again. Everyone seemed to like the door illustrations that I did for the 32 page book, and said it would be a waste if I didn't use them, so I'm going to do. I'm quite happy actually as I did initially want to use them but I was really struggling to find a way to make them interesting. I've been given a few ideas now though, and I'm quite eager to get on with it, I just need to do a little bit more research.

So, I think now I'm just going to produce one big book. I've got 32 illustrations already so I think I need to start playing around with layouts as I may have 100 pages of the same thing. I'm still a little unsure of how I'm going to make it interesting, but hopefully that will come to me when I start experimenting.

1 comment:

Rstanton said...

Keep to this idea, its really good and visually interesting. Take a look at Bernard Stein, he produced some architectural books in Germany and also have a look at Ryoji Ikeda. His design is very technical and simple design - www.ryojiikeda.com

Take a look at this also, give you some idea's for your book layout http://www.weymouthdesign.com/Portfolio/Print.aspx?c=all&p=Courier_AR06 Enjoy xxx