Sunday 25 January 2009

'Mini' book of 100.

Within the 'Book of 100' brief, we were given another small brief to do. It was to create an A5 book of 32 pages, however, it still had to relate to 100. This completely threw me at first, and I really struggled for ideas. It wasn't until the crit on Friday when I knew exactly what I was going to do.

Anyway, I came up with 100 components. Basically, there were 32 doors, and within them doors were 100 components. Components being door handles, bells, letterboxes, windows etc. I highlighted these components underneath the doors in cyan to make it more obvious that they were the '100'. 




I'm quite happy with it. It didn't turn out how I had expected it too, though. I had an image in my head of what I wanted it to look like, and it did look alright on the computer, but when I printed it out it was all over the place. Not bad for my first attempt though. And I got it done on time which is always a bonus.

Here are some of my illustrations.


(Click to open larger image)

I'm really happy with my drawings. I would really like to develop these further and somehow include them in the '100' brief.

After i'd drawn all the doors on illustrator, it took me ages to go back and add in components to make the 100. I actually re-counted on the Monday and realised there was 102 lol. No one noticed though.

1 comment:

Christophe' said...

I loved this book, the illustrated drawings were amazing and the key was really smart too! x