Wednesday 4 February 2009

'What is a line?' - Statement of intent.

For the ‘What is a line?’ brief, I have chosen to investigate the following statement; “A mark indicating position, connection or boundaries.”

I intend to continue to develop my existing work on contour lines, investigating their meanings and boundaries and ways I can interpret this.

As contour lines can represent a risen level, a possible resolution to this would be to experiment in 3D. With the ‘Book of 100’ brief, I looked into book sculptures where people created an object or scenery out of paper, I’d like to use this as inspiration.

Here's an example of book sculpture.

Words create worlds

However, Instead of working on top of the book, I intend to work within the book. So basically, there will be hole in the middle of the book which will only been seen when it's opened.

No comments: