Thursday 5 February 2009

'Book of 100' Progress.

I've been doing some more playing around with the layouts, and have finally come to something I'm feeling quite confident with. I've been looking into double page spreads too, it's quite tricky to balance out the page with only one image but I think I've done ok.

These are the first few pages for my book. There's still room for improvement though, I think. Well, I guess there's always room for improvement.



I've also found a way to make my book a little more interesting too. I think I'm going to have a name for each door, something personal, possibly a description of some sort. However, this isn't going to be obvious. It's going to look just like a construction plan, it's only when you look closer when you realise there's something more to it. It kind of relates to the idea of 'what's behind the door', if that makes sense?

1 comment:

emmaprice said...

Layout and content is working really well, some nice illustrations. Have you thought about how you're going to bind it yet?
Was thinking you could perhaps play with the idea of presenting the book inside some sort of frame - reminiscent of door frames? Then again, depends who you're aiming it at!!
Love From
Emma and Ross