Friday 6 February 2009

Final Crit.

It was really strange having a crit like that, and it was quite frustrating not being able to say anything back, but it was still really helpful. It was really nice to get some positive feedback, I now actually feel like I'm on the right track, and for the first time in weeks I feel quite confident about my work. There was a few questions I had though, and didn't get chance to ask because of the way the crit was set out, but i'll ask on Monday instead. 

The points picked out were to step away from the Japanese binding and consider the cover of my book and the way it interacts. I'd already had a conversation with Jo the day before about this and had resolved it so that was nothing to worry about. Another point was to research more into fonts, find out what's actually used in blueprints and chose something similar. I had looked at a couple of plans and they all have a similar font to what I have used, and I feel the font suits my subject too, but I could still do with doing a little bit more research.

No comments: