Thursday 5 February 2009

Digital Photography Elective - Week One.

I had my first lesson in Digital Photography today, and to be honest I found it a little frustrating. When we got there we were told we weren't actually going to be using a camera today, just researching other artist's work. Which is fair enough but I just wanted to get on with it. Luckily after 2 hours of research, we was asked if we wanted to start using cameras, only we didn't actually get to take any pictures, just went through the basic skills which I've been through quite a few times. Anyway, I got a camera out and took a few photo's on the way home.

Here's one I quite like.

I just played around with the shutter speed, making the shutter stay open for about 30 seconds. I concentrated on a traffic light, making sure it was open whilst the lights were changing, making all 3 lights show on my photo. I think it's pretty cool. I didn't have a tripod, yet I managed to keep the camera quite still so it didn't blur. I'm quite impressed.

No comments: