Sunday 19 October 2008

Screen Printing.

I have done screen printing before but the equipment at our college wasn't half as good as what it is here. I really enjoy it, I love the outcome of it. I think what I like the most though is how much work you can produce in so little time lol.

We started off by picking the piece we liked best from last week which included quite a lot of contrast, then photocopied it twice. The first copy would be our first print (magenta), the second was for us to edit and then used as the second layer (cyan) of our print.

Our first prints...

I really liked the first set of prints even though they were just replica of my chosen print. I just like the simplicity of one colour, and the texture it's created.

The edited piece..

I would of liked to of done a lot more to this but unfortunately I didn't have enough time. Maybe i'll go back some time soon and have another go.

I don't know who it was who took a picture of me with my camera, but thank you =) lol. I actually found it quite hard as I couldn't reach the other side lol.

The final outcome..

I'm not entirely pleased with the outcome. Like I said before, if i'd had the time theres a lot more i'd of edited to the second piece so that more of the magenta would of shown through.

I will definately be using this process in future projects.

No comments: