Saturday 4 October 2008

Alphabet soup pt.1.

Another week, another brief. Yet again we were told to pick a slip of paper from the 'randomiser', the word I chose was jumble. At first I was quite confused as to how I could represent my word in a typeface, however when I got into it I found it quite easy. Anyway, here are several pages from my sketchbook to show my ideas and development work...

I chose to go with the idea of a jumble sale as I thought it would be quite fun, and looking at how other people had approached it, unique. Each letter would represent a different item you would most likely find at a jumble sale. To emphasise and to give some clarity to my idea, I included price tags on each item. I also used this particular project to improve my skills and understanding of photoshop by making all my images digitally. Here are my final pieces.

L

A

S

O

I

T

P

I am fairly pleased with the results of my work although I feel that I could of improved the images by introducing more detail to each image which is something I am going to look at in future projects now that I'm developing my digital skills.

No comments: