Monday 13 October 2008

Colour Theory.

My colour was purple.

The mess we started off with...

We were confused at first as to how to catogorise them, so we looked at the type of colours that we'd got. We arranged them into 4 piles, the light purples, dark purples, reddy purples and the bluey purples.

We ended up organising it into a cross, having the item which we thought was the most purple in the middle, then all the catogories coming off from that item.

We began to think of other ways we could organise the colour and decided to pigeon hole it lol. It actually turned out ok, though I think we should of thought more about how we organised it.

Still a good idea though. ^_^

How great did all the colours look together. I noticed the second years complementing it too lol.

I've studied the basics of colour before, but I didn't realise there was so much to take into account when using it. I found it really interesting how your eyes react with different colours and how colours start to create their opposite in it's surrounding colour when it's not there.

My eyes are still hurting from Fred's presentation! lol

I actually didn't realise that complementary colours don't go together. On my foundation course we were taught what the complementories were, but were never actually told what complementary meant, so I always thought that they just complemented each other, I guess not lol.

Anyway, here are just a few pictures from the last colour exercise we did...


No comments: