Wednesday 12 November 2008

No news is good news.

My subject was: Recycling

After researching this subject through reading week, we then had to produce designs for a set of 3 high impact posters that deliver a personal identified message derived from our research. These posters were to be 2:1 format presented at A3 scale.

To start this brief we were given a few quick exercises to do, which allowed us to visually get all our ideas down quickly and effectively. After choosing 10 objects and words that we thought were associated with our subject, we had to produce as many pieces as possible which contained at least 2 of our words and images. This helped me a lot as i've always struggled to get all my ideas down onto paper.

Here are my ideas..

I particually liked the idea of using instructions to get a message across. So this is what I began to experiment with.

To limit my palette, I chose to only use the colours green and brown for obvious reasons. Also, my stock would be recycled paper, which actually turned out to be a bad idea as it was a nightmare to print on!

I decided on the idea of using instructions to show the process of recycling. Basically the cycle of a can; can is put into the bin, can is then waste, waste is then melted and turned into liquid, liquid is then used to recreate the can.

Final Ideas.














Image. Image & Text. Text.

I'm quite pleased with my ideas. I feel the image poster and the text poster works really well, it's simple and gets my message across effectively.

As for the image and text poster, I feel I could of improved this slightly. I don't think it shows the cycle well, basically because it isn't a cycle, it's just steps/instructions. I could of overcome this by simply having an arrow going back up to the can. I also feel the text is a bit cheesy, but is this a good thing?

No comments: