Tuesday 3 March 2009

What is a Line? - Presentation & Crit.

Had the 2 minute presentation and crit today which didn't go as well as planned, in terms of my presentation I mean. I missed out a lot that I wanted to discuss because I was nervous.

Everyone wrote down 5 questions and they've been really helpful. Here's some of the questions I was asked that I plan to take on board:

Have you tried creating type from the pages?

Have you experimented with different coloured paper?

Could you try cutting lines out of other things other than books?

Could you create a 3D object instead of hollow?

Have you looked at buying a map book and cut the shape of a map or a contour out?

Have you thought about the last page (uncut) being an image?

2 comments:

Bequa said...

heya right i found something that might help. on my dell laptop there is a countour designe on it and also if you look at the cover designes for the studio 15 dell laptops they have contour like designes on them here are some of them hope it helps

http://www.laptoppicker.com/archives/dell-inspiron-studio-laptop-collection.jpg

Heather. said...

Thank you!!

My laptop has contour lines on the cover too lol, I didn't even think about it.